Wednesday, August 10, 2016

2016-17 School Year Theme & Dollar Tree Goodies

Hi Friends!  I'm sitting here thinking about my theme for this coming school year.  Do any of you do a classroom theme?  I have been doing them for about 6 years now and I love it!  I love going to garage sales or finding small items to go with my theme.  Here are a list of themes that I have done in my classroom.
Rockstar
Hollywood- FAVE!!!
Superheroes
I must say that doing a theme for the classroom gets my kiddos really excited.  I have had previous students come back to my class just to see what my theme was for the upcoming year.  It is really fun and gets my creative juices flowing. 
My theme for this year will be.... DRUMROLL please!!!
SAFARI/JUNGLE

Since our focus this school year is science, I think that this will be a great them to incorporate. I don't like to spend a whole bunch of money on themes so I make many of the decorations in my classroom.  I do like to hit up my favorite spot (The Dollar Tree) to see if I can find some items to incorporate.  Here's a few things that I found.
A teacher friend of mind told me about the fly swatters at Dollar Tree.  She uses them to play the math game, Splat.  Imagine my surprise when I spotted the animal print.  Perfect for my theme and only a couple bucks!  Winning!!


Theses wall decals will fit right in.


 I send home a birthday bag full of books for student birthdays.  I love the blue zebra print.


 You can't beat this border for a buck.  I think it will go great in my safari classroom.

 I scored with this animal print alphaline.  Super cute!


A teacher friend also told me about these playing cards for math games.  I love The Lion King cards, but I could only find one pack.  Bummer!

The Dollar Tree is such a great place to shop for back to school items.  Do you shop there?  What back to school items have you found?







 

6 comments: