Sunday, April 27, 2014

Celebrating Our Earth with a “Trashless” Lunch

 

Spring has sprung!  Well at least I hope it has.  I love this time of year because the weather is getting nicer and there’s lots to celebrate.  Last week, my seconds and I celebrated Earth Day/Week!  Here are a few highlights.

We read a few Earth Day books for read-aloud time.  Michael Recycle is hilarious and City Green is an oldie but goodie.

Slide6

Throughout the week we did a few activities from my Hooray for Earth Day! unit.

Slide7

Slide8

Students were able to bring in items from home that could be reduced, reused, or recycled.  We sorted the items on a recording sheet. 

Slide3

I think the most exciting part of our study was being able to bring in “trashless” lunches.  Trashless lunches are lunches that have little or no trash.  Check out the lunches below.  One of my little sweeties brought in a cloth napkin and real silverware with her lunch.  Don’t you just love it?

 

Slide5

Slide1

Slide4

Slide2

What special activities did you do for Earth Day?

 

2 comments:

  1. I love the trashless lunch idea! What a great way to put "reduce" into real action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Thanks for stopping by! My kiddos really enjoyed "trashless" lunch day! :)

      Delete