Sunday, October 6, 2013

Washi Tape…My New BFF (A Tutorial)

Hi Friends!  Ok…I think I’ve found my new best friend.  WASHI TAPE

IMG_1312 Can you say OBSESSED???

I know it’s been around for while, but I just got my hands on a roll when I was out shopping for school supplies at the beginning of the school year.  I decided to use it for my behavior clips.  Here’s a super easy and quick tutorial.

You will need:

A roll of washi tape (purchased at Wal-Mart)

A craft knife (purchased from Jo-Ann’s)

Clothespins (purchased a pack of 36 from Dollar Tree)

IMG_1300

Step 1:  Roll washi tape on one side of the clothespin.  Make sure it is even with one side of the clothespin.

IMG_1302

IMG_1303

  Step 2:  Cut off excess washi tape using craft knife.

IMG_1304

IMG_1306

Step 3:  Repeat Steps 1 and 2 on the other side of the clothespin.

IMG_1305

Voila!

IMG_1307

Here are some other designs!

IMG_1309

  I also use washi tape to separate wall displays.image

Have you ever used washi tape?  If so, what do you use it for?

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, thank you for this post! :) I had never even heard of it until last summer! I love your ideas. It is a perfect width for making my Ten Frame on my boards. I have to go find some! Your clips are so cute! :) Have a great week!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete