Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Classroom Tour Part 3

Hello Everyone!  I had a few more pictures that I wanted to show of my classroom.  Well…a little more than a few!  If you haven’t seen the other two parts, click here then here.  Let’s get started!
Our school’s mission is Learn, Lead, Light the Way!  We are all about becoming leaders and being positive role models for others.
IMGP2756
I know I showed a picture of this bulletin board earlier in my classroom tour, but here’s what I decided to do with it.  I will be listing our Daily 5 expectations on this board.
IMGP2754 IMGP2755
This is the student cubby area.  The Dr. Seuss bags were purchased from Target.  We have tables in our classroom so there’s not much space to put student individual supplies.  These bags really come in handy and they fit nicely on the back of student chairs during the day.
IMG_1067
IMG_1068
This is our small group area.  Guided reading takes place here as well as writing conferences.
IMGP2765
 The set of drawers is the class Galaxy Mall.  Students get to shop here with galaxy tickets.  I got this drawer idea from Teri over at A Cupcake for the Teacher.  I will do a post soon on behavior management so that you can see how it works.
IMGP2761
This is one of my favorite areas of our classroom.  We gather here for read alouds, morning and family meetings, and mini-lessons.  The Smartboard is  available.  It’s just a great whole group teaching spot!
IMGP2764
I decorated the front of my desk for the first time.  I love how it turned out!  It matches our space theme. 
IMGP2769 
If you couldn’t tell by the class library, I LOVE books.  I like to keep this book organizer back by the carpet.  It has all the books that I will be reading for the week.  My kiddos love peeking inside to see what we will be reading.
IMGP2767
Here’s the word wall.  I use three different colors on my word wall.  Click here to read more.  I also have a quote here by one of my favorite women, Harriet Tubman.  It reads, “You have within you the strength, patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” 
IMGP2772
This lamp is a new edition to my classroom.  I have a student turn it on during Daily 5 and small groups.  This lets all my kiddos know that I should not be disturbed.  The star pocket chart will be used for our “Astronaut of the Month.”  
image
Yes…I have a coffee maker in my classroom.  This is a lifesaver especially in the winter time.  Don’t judge me. :)
IMG_1069
Well I hope you enjoyed my 3-part classroom tour. Enjoy the rest of your week!
 IMGP2776

2 comments:

  1. Your room is so inviting! I love it. LOVE those cubbies! Our school is an old middle school and the kids have lockers in the hall (kindergarten...) so it isn't ideal. Believe me- no judgment on that coffee maker... except that it is awesome!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ website nổi tiếng Mỹ là mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete