Sunday, May 26, 2013

Teachers for Oklahoma, Let’s Get Organized, and End of the Year Gift Ideas!

Hi there!   Let’s continue to pray for our all of the people in Oklahoma as they put the pieces back together from this devastating disaster.  My heart goes out to the families that have lost their loved ones or homes.  If you are still looking for ways to donate, we are giving 100% of the profits from our TpT store on Monday(5/27)  and Tuesday (5/28) to the Red Cross, earmarked for Moore, Oklahoma relief. I am linking up with Donna from Math Coach’s Corner.  Please check out her blog for others who are participating.  Thank you Donna for this wonderful linky!
Teacher Care for Oklahoma-02Mel Lloyd-Graphics from the Pond made this graphic
In school news…. I’ve been way deep in EOY (End of the year) testing, last minute grading, and planning some fun end of the year activities!  I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year.  Let me explain….I love it because it’s exciting to see  how much my kids have grown academically.  I also love it because my school does fun activities like a walk-a-thon and Field day.  I just dislike all the paperwork and tasks to complete.  Are you with me?
Anyway, I love to start organizing my cupboards and files around this time.   Here’s what I’ve done so far.  All of my Teachers Pay Teachers files have been put into binders so that I can easily find them.  Have you ever had so much stuff that you forget what you have?  While I was putting these together, I kept finding myself saying “Oh, I didn’t know I had this!!!”  Good thing TpT has the YOU OWN IT icon, because this girl would have doubles of everything!
Slide2
I have a lot of teacher resource books, so I separated them by subject so that they are easy to access. 
Slide1
I also went through my math cupboards.  I realized that I had more pattern blocks than the law allows.  I really got rid of a lot of things that I didn’t need or just don’t use. 
My mommy visited us this weekend, so I thought we could have some girl time by putting together some end of the year gifts.  These our Brian’s class gifts.  This year he found out that many of his students have never had or played with sidewalk chalk before.  These came out really cute and they were very inexpensive to make.
Slide3
I was driving home from school on Friday and decided I wanted to do something with Nerds© candies.  Here’s what I came up with.  The tag reads, “Be a Nerd.  Read lots of books this summer.”
Slide4
This is not my idea, but I got it from an old Mailbox magazine.  I’ve been doing this one for several years and it’s always a big hit with my kiddos!
Slide5
Finally, today was a great day to be outdoors planting flowers.  I had two little helpers  which made it so much more fun!
Slide6
That’s it for me!  Please stop by our TpT store to help those who are in need.  Thanks so much.
~Mrs. Holland

1 comment: