Friday, May 17, 2013

Five for Friday Linky Party

Hi Friends!  Happy Friday to you!  I’m linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a Five for Friday Linky!  Here’s five random (and I mean random, folks) things that went on this week!
fiveforfriday[6]
1. Mother’s Day was fabulous as always.  We went to visit my second mom (Brian’s mom).  What a fun weekend!  Since we planned to visit during Mother’s Day weekend,   Brian and the boys let me have my own Mother’s Day the weekend before.  Of course, I did a little shopping at my favorite stores and we topped it all off by going out to dinner.  My youngest a little preoccupied with eating ketchup to jump in the picture! :)
IMG_0615
2. During Work on Writing, one of my sweeties decided to write me a letter.  It made my day!  My favorite part is “I know you have been having tough times with us”…Hilarious!
IMG_0625
3. We are wrapping up our money unit!  It’s one of my favorite math concepts to teach.  I am compiling a list of activities that we have done and I’m in the process of creating a unit.  It should be up in our TpT store soon!  Be sure to check it out.
BIG Money!
4. I’m kind of  embarrassed to say that I am not a big water drinker, but I think that’s about to change.  I have been drinking a lot of it this week…..thanks to my new water bottle!  I love this thing.  The entire top part of the bottle comes off so you can add ice or a slice of fruit if you will.  And it’s pink too!   So convenient!  I picked it up at Wal-Mart.  Please don’t tell anybody that I am this excited about a water bottle. :)

image    image
5. This week our School Leadership Team met to discuss the book The Leader in Me by Stephen R. Covey. 
The Leader in Me: How Schools and Parents Around the World Are Inspiring Greatness, One Child at a Time
We did a “jigsaw” (everyone pick a chapter to read and tell the group about).   Even though I haven’t read the entire book yet, the one chapter that I did read made me reflect on my life and my teaching.  It’s an easy read and I highly recommend it.  Is anyone reading this book or using it at your school?  I would love to hear your thoughts.
Enjoy your weekend.
18 days and counting down,
~Mrs. Holland

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea behind your blog, so unique! I'm not a fan of water either...you're not alone! My partner has that water bottle and swears by it too.

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi~Just found your blog via the linky and I think it is FABULOUS that you blog together. So sweet and so stinkin cute! ;) I'm your newest follower.
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. That water looks so cool. I have one like it and fill it everyday with sliced lemon and lime! It's relish!

    I'm your newest follower, drop by. =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so glad you had a fun Mothers Day...you definitely deserve it! And your letter is hilarious!! it always makes me laugh to know what goes through these little ones minds. That is the coolest water bottle ever!! I'm bad at drinking water too...maybe I'll have to make a Walmart trip this weekend! Thanks for sharing! I always love reading your blog :)

    Melissa
    Jungle Learners

    ReplyDelete