Monday, June 1, 2015

Fun End of the Year Activities

Hello Sweet friends!  Long time…no blogging.  Can I just say that life happened and our poor little blog took a back seat?  Now that school is out, I’m hoping I will be able to create and blog a bit more.  Is anyone else out of school yet?  I am so NOT used to being out in May and I am loving every bit of it.  I had a fantastic first year at my new school and I could not have asked for a better group of kiddos and parents to work with. 

Our last week together flew by so fast that it was a whirlwind.  I did manage to capture a few moments on camera so I wanted to share with you.

The Friday before Memorial Day weekend, we had Field Day. If you’re not familiar with Field Day, many schools have it at the end of the school year.  There are lots of outdoor activities for the kiddos to do while working on their teamwork and sportsmanship skills.

IMG_4212

IMG_4215

On Tuesday, we took a field trip to a metro park.  It threatened to rain so I wasn’t sure how the day was going to turn out.  It was absolutely beautiful!  We went on a nature walk.  Can you see those two adorable ducks?

IMG_4220  

IMG_4222

We also had a class with an outstanding naturalist.

IMG_4231

IMG_4229

We had some “down time” too. The kiddos and chaperones enjoyed a pretty competitive bean bag game and they also got to play at the nearby playground after lunch.IMG_4226

On Wednesday, we visited the zoo. It was supposed to rain again, but it turned out to be another beautiful day.  The zoo just go a new African exhibit and we were all anxious to see it.  It was absolutely breath-taking!

IMG_4233

IMG_4236 The flamingos were pretty cool too!

IMG_4241

I really enjoyed going on field trips during the last week.  I felt like I really got to spend some quality time with my kiddos before their big send off to third grade.I’ll save our last day festivities for another post.  What kinds of activities do you do with your students during the last week of school?

No comments:

Post a Comment