Saturday, February 15, 2014

Five for Friday on a Saturday

Hey Y’all!  I hope you are staying warm.  I’m linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for some Five for Friday fun!

 

Here’s five random things that went on this week.

We had parent-teacher conferences this week.  I always miss my boys so much on these long days so I just bring them to conferences with me.  Well, not really.  I place this near the sign in sheet outside my classroom door.  It’s always a big hit!

image

A sweet parent entered our school’s name in a BoxTops for Education Sweepstakes.  Guess what?  We actually won $5000.  To say that we are thrilled is an understatement.  We will be using the money to get document cameras for some of our classrooms.  The cameras will be great for for reading, math, and writing instruction.

image

We have been celebrating friendship along with black history month.  I thought I would try to tie these to themes together.  Did you know that P.B. Downing, an African-American inventor, made the first street car box (mailbox)?   

I had a ton of shoeboxes in the basement…..26 to be exact.  I’ve been saving them for awhile now, but couldn’t quite put my finger on what I would use them for.  They sure did come in handy this week.  My kiddos had a ball decorating friendship mailboxes while honoring Mr. Downing.  It was a great indoor recess project!  During our friendship celebration, the students put their cards and treats in the mailboxes to take home.

image

image

image

image

Since this week was all about friendship I pulled out some centers from my I {HEART} You Valentine’s Day Math & Literacy Activities. 

image

image

Slide1 

This is the first year that we decided to do family night instead of date night for Valentine’s Day.  The boys had a ball playing with their food at one of our favorite restaurants….lol.   After dinner, we came home and played in some paint.  It was a blast!

 

image

image

Hope you had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment